FAQ - POWER WHITENING KIT
WHY IS THE POWER WHITENING KIT DIFFERENT THAN OTHERS?
This Home Power Whitening Kit performs like a professional level in-office power whitening treatment. It works faster than most home whitening kits available in the market today, where you would need to whiten your teeth for 7-14 days consecutively to yield max results. With this home power whitening kit all you need is a single 40-60 min session to yield very significant results.
The LED mouth tray that comes with the kit is 3x more powerful than most whitening kit LED lights available in the market today. It also comes with a UV sterilizer for your mouth tray!
WHAT IS IN THE KIT?
Pen 1 - for your power whitening session
Pen 2 - boost and/maintain your results
Replacement pens are only $23 CAD
Silicone Mouth Tray w/ high powered LED Lights
Over 3x more powerful than most LED whitening trays
UV Sterilizer (to clean your mouth tray)
WHO CAN USE THIS KIT?
Make sure your teeth are healthy before undergoing any teeth whitening treatments. If you suspect you have any underlying dental issues, visit your dentist to get examined.
1. Must be 12 yrs of age or older.
2. Cannot be used by pregnant women. If breastfeeding, consult with your OB GYN.
3. Must NOT have the following (if you suspect you have the following, please consult with your dentist first and make sure your teeth are healthy):
4. Individuals that have had braces removed should wait for cement residue to wear off before getting teeth whitening.
5. Session must be stopped if person experiences sharp pains during the whitening session, this is a sign of an open cavity, you must contact your dentist and consult with them immediately.
6. This method works best with teeth that have a yellowish tint, if you have spots due to tetracycline use, grayish tint or fluorosis these types of teeth will be difficult to whiten.
7. Artificial teeth, caps, crowns, veneers, porcelain, composite or other restorative materials does not whiten significantly, but the process does not harm them either.
HOW MANY SHADES LIGHTER WILL I GO?
**YOUR TEETH WILL NEVER BE WHITER THAN THE NATURAL COLOUR OF YOUR TEETH the colour of teeth you are born with)**
1. You can expect your teeth to be 2-8 shades lighter, some have even whiten up to 10 shades lighter. The longer the session, the more significant the results. (Do NOT exceed an hour of whitening.)
2. Some teeth will whiten better than others. It really just depends on how your enamel reacts with the gel and the severity of your stains.
3. The natural colour of your teeth is genetically determined. We can only get your teeth as white as your natural genetics will allow. Photos of celebrities you see with "paper white" teeth have veneers or are enhanced by great lighting or photo editing.
4. If you have heavily stained teeth or your teeth are difficult to whiten you would need to follow up with the whitening pen for 5 days after your power whitening session to give your results a boost.
5. Results vary as everyone's teeth but as a general guideline:
60 min - 6 shades lighter *on average
40 min - 4 shades lighter *on average
WHAT DO I DO BEFORE I WHITEN?
1. Teeth whitening is a COSMETIC treatment. Make sure your teeth are healthy before undergoing any teeth whitening treatments. If you suspect you have any underlying dental issues, visit your dentist to get examined.
2. Dental cleanings are recommended as it enhances your results.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
1. Typically, along with proper maintenance your results will last 6-12 months. How long it lasts depends on the amount of stain causing foods you consume and how porous your teeth is. Teeth that are naturally more porous absorb stains much easier, thus shade regression may occur much quicker. The porosity of your teeth is genetic.
2. Teeth whitening is not permanent. After the session it is completely normal to expect some shade regression over time, especially if you smoke and regularly consume stain-causing foods.
3. To help your results last longer, we highly advise purchasing a teeth whitening pen and/or kit to maintain your results.
WILL MY TEETH GO PAPER WHITE?
1. The natural color of your teeth is genetically determined, we can only get your teeth as white as your natural genetics will allow. Photos of celebrities you see with "paper white" teeth have veneers or are enhanced by great lighting or photo editing.
2. Unsatisfactory outcome is often a result of unrealistic expectations as well as incorrect usage of the gel.
WILL I GET SENSITIVITY?
1. You should experience zero to minimal sensitivity during the treatment. Session must be stopped if you experience sharp unmanageable pains during the whitening session, this is a sign of an open cavity, you must contact your dentist and consult with them immediately.
2. After the session most people experience zero to minimal teeth sensitivity. If you do experience sensitivity it will typically only last the first 24 hours. If you are prone to existing sensitivity, have a recently cracked teeth, micro cracks, open cavities, leaking fillings, exposed roots or other dental conditions that cause sensitivity then you are more likely to experience it. Prolonged sensitivity after treatment is also a possibility.
DOES IT HURT?
Most people feel nothing during the process. If you experience sharp pains (zingers) during your whitening session, this is a sign of an open cavity. You should stop the session, wipe any gel off your teeth and consult with your dentist.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS
1. Gum/Lip Irritation: Gum and lip irritation may occur when the whitening gel comes in contact with your gums or lips. When irritation occurs, the area may become white (blanching), sore or inflamed. The tissue will return to normal within 24 hours. On a rare occasion gum irritation may cause light bleeding. Bleeding is typically a sign of gum disease. we highly recommend you stop using all teeth whitening products and contact your dentist. We minimize the chances of irritation by applying Vitamin E oil on the gums and lip. If irritation does occur, applying vitamin E oil to the affected area, does alleviate it quite significantly.
2. Teeth Sensitivity: Although uncommon, some individuals may experience tooth sensitivity during the first 24 hours. If you are prone to existing sensitivity, have a recently cracked teeth, micro cracks, open cavities, leaking fillings, exposed roots or other dental conditions that cause sensitivity then you are more likely to experience it. Prolonged sensitivity after treatment is also a possibility. If you believe you may be more susceptible to sensitivity, you can brush your teeth with sensitivity toothpaste for up to 3 days before your session or you can purchase our desensitizing gel to reduce sensitivity.
3. Spots or Streaking: Post whitening session, some individuals may develop spots or streaks in their teeth that are whiter than the rest, this is due to calcium deposits that naturally occur on your teeth. These spots are not caused by the whitening gel. Calcium deposits are already in your teeth, the gel just makes them visible again, these spots will eventually diminish in a few days.
WHAT IS THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT?
Peroxide (whitening) Potassium Nitrate (desensitizing)
HOW MANY APPLICATIONS IS THE KIT GOOD FOR?
It depends how you use the kit. It's good for 2 x Power Whitening Sessions (we only recommend 2-3 Power Whitening session per year). If you're teeth are already pretty white, and only need the occasional touch up then it's good for 7 x 30 min sessions. Keep in mind our gel is faster and more efficient than most whitening gels, so it requires less sessions than most whitening kits.
Whitening pen refills are affordable and can be purchased here at our online store here: shop.mintsmilebar.com/products/whitening-pen
Whitening pens expire in 2 years after first use. Store pens in the fridge.
WHAT IS THE AFTER CARE LIKE?
1. After your session, you can't eat or drink anything (except water) for 1 hour. Make sure to eat before your session.
2. Post whitening, your teeth are dehydrated and extremely porous, becoming like a sponge that absorbs color quite easily. It is highly recommended that you stay away from "foods that can stain your white shirt" within 24-48 hours (The White Diet).
3. SKIP THE WHITE DIET by purchasing a Remineralizing (desensitizing) gel here: shop.mintsmilebar.com/products/desensitizing-gel
4. After the session it is completely normal to expect some shade regression over time, especially if you smoke and regularly consume stain-causing foods. We recommend purchasing maintenance products to prolong your results.
IS THERE MAINTENANCE?
Teeth whitening is not permanent. It's similar to sun tanning, once you get to your desired shade you have to whiten periodically remain within that shade range.
After the session it is completely normal to expect some shade regression over time. To help your results last longer, we highly advise purchasing a teeth whitening pen and/or kit to maintain/prolong your results.
I DID MY SESSION BUT WANT MY TEETH TO GO LIGHTER
1. So you had your session, and you expected to go lighter, now what? Everyone's teeth whitens differently, some teeth are more difficult to whiten than others, if you didn't get to your desired shade from 1 session you should use the remainder gel in your whitening pen and whiten for 30 mins a day for the next 5 days until you get to a shade you like.
2. If your teeth are still not lightening further, you may need to check your expectations. There's a limit to how white your teeth can get. Your teeth won't whiten past your natural shade (the colour of teeth you are born with). Teeth whitening can only remove stains, it doesn't alter the colour of your natural teeth. For example, there are people that have naturally dark or yellow teeth, since this is their natural teeth shade, it will never whiten to a bright paper white colour (unless they get veneers).
WHAT IS YOUR HANDLING TIME?
WHERE DO YOU SHIP TO?
Canada, US, Australia, UK and Europe
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
Everyone's teeth whitens differently. It may take multiple sessions to completely rid your teeth of tough stains. We are not able to refund purchases unless the product is defective or you qualify for a refund in accordance with our Money Back Guarantee.
WHAT CURRENCY WILL I BE CHARGED IN?
We are a Canadian company and we charge in Canadian Dollars. If you are ordering outside of Canada please use the currency tab to select your country's currency, this will provide you with the approximate converted rate in your country's currency.
IS THERE WARRANTY FOR THE KIT?
There is a 2 year warranty.
HOW DO I ALLEVIATE SENSITIVITY?
1. In the event that you do get sensitivity, you can alleviate it by taking Ibuprofen (Advil), sensitivity toothpaste (Rapid Relief Sensodyne works great), or purchase a
2. Remember that sensitivity is transient and will typically only last a day. Next time you whiten, you would need to reduce the treatment time. For example, if you whitened for an hour try reducing it to 40-20 mins instead (People that get sensitivity need to whiten for shorter durations).
3. It's also important to get checked by your dental provider prior to whitening to make sure you don't have any underlying dental conditions, as this can cause discomfort (ie: People with cracks in their teeth can experience prolonged sensitivity).